Individual movement sessions provide a spacious container for delving into personal themes, intentions, and layers of experience. Sessions can be primarily Authentic Movement, Body Tales, or a combination of the two practices. Some people find the privacy and intimacy of one-on-one work preferable to being in a group, others do individual sessions for a while before joining a group, or concurrent with being in a group. My role as witness, at times, includes offering guidance and suggestions – incorporating techniques from the Hakomi Method and other somatic healing modalities.
Individual movement sessions support:
- Cultivating inner-guided creativity, spontaneity, and embodied spirituality
- Exploring images, dreams, memories, beliefs, and shadow material
- Strengthening authenticity, artistry, authority, and resilience
- Practicing somatic resourcing skills for self-care and self-regulation
- Expressing, feeling, and being – during transitions, illness, grief…
- Inspiring, revitalizing, and developing creative projects
- Receiving mentoring for bringing somatic practices into your work
80 Minute Sessions for a Sliding Scale of $110 – $180
Sebastopol: at “The Barn”, on private land (address given w/ registration)
Berkeley: 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, at “Western Sky Studio”, 2525 8th St #13A
After an initial to see if it’s right for you, scheduling individual sessions weekly or every other week is helpful for establishing safety, familiarity and continuity. For those who are also in one of my groups, or have worked with me in the past, scheduling individual sessions periodically can be supportive addition.
Please note: These sessions are not meant to replace psychotherapy. Most people who work with me are also seeing a psychotherapist and /or have done years of therapy and personal growth work.
“I have worked with Lysa for over ten years, in a group and individually, and it has deeply enriched both my personal and professional life.”
— M. B. MFT Registered Play Therapist