Individual movement sessions provide a spacious container for delving into personal themes, intentions, and layers of experience. Sessions can be primarily Authentic Movement, Body Tales, or a combination of the two practices. Some people find the privacy and intimacy of one-on-one work preferable to being in a group, others do individual sessions for a while before joining a group, or concurrent with being in a group. My role as witness, at times, includes offering guidance and suggestions – incorporating techniques from the Hakomi Method and other somatic healing modalities.
Individual movement sessions support:
- Cultivating inner-guided creativity, spontaneity, and embodied spirituality
- Exploring images, dreams, memories, beliefs, and shadow material
- Strengthening authenticity, artistry, authority, and resilience
- Practicing somatic resourcing skills for self-care and self-regulation
- Expressing, feeling, and being – during transitions, illness, grief…
- Inspiring, revitalizing, and developing creative projects
- Receiving mentoring for bringing somatic practices into your work
80 Minute Sessions for a Sliding Scale of $90 – $140
Sebastopol: at The Blue Pearl Temple, on private land (address given w/ registration)
Berkeley: 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, at Spring Fall Studio, 2547 8th St #20
Scheduling individual sessions weekly or every other week is helpful for establishing safety, familiarity and continuity. For those who are also in a group, or have worked with me in the past, scheduling individual sessions periodically can be helpful.
Please note: These sessions are not meant to replace psychotherapy. Most people who work with me are also seeing a psychotherapist and /or have done years of therapy and other personal growth work.
“I have worked with Lysa for over ten years, in a group and individually, and it has deeply enriched both my personal and professional life.”
— M. B. MFT Registered Play Therapist